NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) -- New Orleans police are trying to solve a pair of burglaries that happened this month in the Lower Garden District. The cases are the latest to roll on the Wheel of Justice.
The first happened in the 1300 block of Constance Street on September 6th. Someone broke into a house and stole laptops, jewelry, and a Saints Super Bowl ring.
The second happened nine days later in the 900 block of Thalia Street. In that case, police say a man was trying to break into a home but was stopped at the door by the home's owner. Nothing was taken.
Now, checkout the similarities in the crimes besides being committed during the same month.
- Both suspects are white with a similar build
- Both suspects used blue latex gloves
- Both suspects wore red shoes
- Both suspect had beards, but the suspect's beard in the later case was larger
- The burglary scenes are one block apart
- Both burglaries happened in the afternoon
Police are not connecting the cases. They released surveillance photos in both cases. But check out the photo gallery above and see what you think.
If you have information on either burglary investigation, call CrimeStoppers at 504-822-1111. You don't have to reveal your name or testify, and you could earn a $2,500 reward.
So far, 320 suspects have landed behind bars after their cases rolled on the Wheel of Justice.