Beignet Fest announces food vendors
NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) – Let the drooling begin!
The first ever Beignet Fest will take place on Saturday, October 8 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Lafayette Square.
Its lineup of food vendors and the beignet creations sound out of this world.
Festival founder and event producer Sherwood Collins said there will be 15 restaurants serving more than 20 dishes based on the iconic beignet.
Local restaurants serving up savory and sweet beignets include:
- Café Beignet (Traditional Beignets)
- Café Maspero (Beignet Fries)
- Café Reconcile (Fried Chicken and Beignets with Hot Maple Syrup)
- Fulton Alley (Shrimp & Corn Maque Choux Beignets)
- Girls Gone Vegan Bakery (Baked Gluten Free Donuts – Maple, Chocolate, Cinnamon Sugar, Birthday Cake, Blueberry and Banana Nut)
- Howlin’ Wolf Den (Bacon Cheddar Beignets with Chipotle Crema)
- Legacy Kitchen (Crawfish Beignets)
- Loretta’s Pralines (Praline Beignets, Crabmeat Beignets, a Burger Beignet)
- Luca Eats (Oreo Beignets)
- New Orleans Coffee and Beignet Company (Traditional Beignets, Chocolate Beignet Bites, Traditional Beignet Bites)
- New Orleans Ice Cream Company (Café au Lait & Beignets Ice Cream Cone, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Cone)
- Royal House (Fish Beignets, Oyster Beignets)
- The Ruby Slipper (Cochon Beignets, Bananas Foster Beignets, Candied Bacon Beignets with Praline Sauce)
- Walk-On’s Bistreaux & Bar (Boudin Stuffed Beignets)
- Ye Olde College Inn (Fried Bread Pudding PoBoy “Beignet”)
Amy and Sherwood Collins created Beignet Fest to raise awareness and funds for autism programs in New Orleans.
Food and beverage sales will benefit the newly-established Tres Doux Foundation (which means “very sweet” in French).
The Foundation’s mission is to celebrate, embrace and enhance the lives of children with developmental delays and disabilities by presenting them as whole beings, and to support organizations that do the same.
Proceeds from Beignet Fest will be used to make grants from the Tres Doux Foundation to nonprofits that serve autistic children.
For more information about Beignet Fest, visit www.beignetfest.com