Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto (Mock)
- 1 medium (2 lbs) head of cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1.5 lbs brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated .
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- In a food processor, add cauliflower in batches and process until “rice” forms. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Preheat large non stick skillet on medium high heat and add mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes or until a bit golden, stirring frequently and watching closely not to burn. Transfer to another medium bowl and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add onion and garlic, saute for 3 minutes or until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add cooked mushrooms, cauliflower “rice”, broth, salt, pepper and cheese. Stir, cover and cook for about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.