Ochsner’s Eat Fit NOLA has teamed up with SWEGS Kitchen and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome’s Executive Chef Lenny Martinsen to offer Eat Fit-approved menu items at 6 locations throughout the Superdome.
The Superdome will be serving up Eat Fit-approved dishes like Southwest Chicken Sliders, BBQ Shrimp & Grits, Seared Tuna Salad, Chicken & Kale Salad, and Buffalo Chicken Wraps.
It’s all delicious – AND Eat Fit-approved:
- Chicken sliders on 100% whole grain slider buns with apple cider vinaigrette slaw
- Shrimp & "Grits" made with Earth Balance vegan butter blend; over pureed cauliflower
- Buffalo Chicken Wraps & Chicken Caesar Wraps served on 100% whole grain (and local) Hola Nola wraps
Where to find it:
- Eat Fit-approved items at sections 147, 217, 261, 523, 551, and Dome Café (Plaza Level)
- The Superdome also offers Eat Fit NOLA options in the Suites
The Superdome’s Eat Fit Shredded Chicken Sliders were inspired by this slow cooker recipe. Incredibly versatile, the shredded chicken can be served on whole grain sliders buns (like those at the Superdome), as well as over a salad, in a low carb wrap, or as-is with a side of grilled vegetables.
Southwest-Style Shredded Chicken
Makes 6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Season chicken with chili powder, and place into slow cooker. Top with salsa, garlic powder, cumin, and salt. Cover and cook on low for four hours. Remove the chicken and shred with a fork in a large bowl.
Pour liquid from slow cooker into a separate bowl, and place chicken back into the slow cooker. Pour half a cup to three-quarters of a cup of the reserved liquid back into the slow cooker until desired consistency is reached. Cover until ready to serve.
Per serving: 150 calories, 4.5 grams fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 440 mg sodium, 2 grams carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 sugar, 22 grams protein.
Check out EatFitNOLA.com + follow Eat Fit NOLA on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter
Want more from Molly? Click here to sign up for Nutrition Bites, her weekly e-newsletter with links to her Get the Skinny TV segments here on WGNO, and her weekly column in NOLA.com|The Times-Picayune! And you can follow Molly on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram: @MollyKimballRD