US 190 closed in both directions between LA 16 and LA 43
NEW ORLEANS – The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development announces that U.S. 190 is closed in both directions between La. 16 (Denham Springs) and La. 43 (Albany) due to flooding. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes.
Roadway conditions are being monitored around the clock and continue to change rapidly. There is no timeframe by which reopenings occur. As roads are cleared for safe travel, updates will be posted at www.511la.org. Motorists can also access the updates via phone by dialing 511. Out-of-state travelers can access the system by calling 1-888-ROAD-511 (1-888-762-3511).
During unfavorable weather conditions, motorists should drive using the following safety tips:
• Do not drive unless you must.
• Drive slowly and carefully.
• Avoid driving into standing or running water.
• Avoid driving while distracted.
• Avoid using cruise control when visibility is low or road surfaces are wet.
• Always allow for extra driving time.
• Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
• Have your headlights on when using windshield wipers