UPDATE: I-12 reopens from Baton Rouge to Slidell
UPDATE: I-12 has completely reopened from Baton Rouge to Slidell. I-10 remains closed in both directions from LA 73 (Prairieville) to Siegen Lane. Traffic is being diverted at LA 73 to US 61 North.
NEW ORLEANS – More than 280 state roads remain closed Monday across southeast Louisiana due to flooding. Drivers should dial 511 to get up-to-the-minute road closure information.
Below is an updated list of interstate flood closures in southeast Louisiana:
• I-12 East and West is closed between US 61 (Airline Highway) and I-55 (Hammond)
• I-10 East and West is closed between US 165 and I-49
• I-10 East and West is closed between Siegen Lane and LA 73
There is a closure on the detour route for I-10 East and West between Siegen and LA 73.
US 61 North and South is closed between Highland Road and
Antioch Road. Northbound traffic is being detoured to LA 948 (the highland extension) to LA 73 (Jefferson Highway), to Antioch Road, and back to US 61 North.
Southbound traffic is being detoured to Antioch Road, to LA 73 (Jefferson Highway), to LA 948 (the highland extension), and then to US 61 South.
During unfavorable weather conditions, motorists should drive using the following safety tips:
• Do not drive unless you must.
• Drive slowly and carefully.
• Avoid driving into standing or running water.
• Avoid driving while distracted.
• Avoid using cruise control when visibility is low or road surfaces are wet.
• Always allow for extra driving time.
• Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
• Have your headlights on when using windshield wipers