NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) - At the Public Belt in the Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel, you can get a grown-up version of the Hi-C Ecto Cooler.
Desiree Bacala told us what inspired the drink.
"We were very excited about the Ghostbusters movie coming out, and we were feeling a little nostalgic for all of our old ghostbuster toys and drinks," she said. "I don't know if you remember the Hi-C Ecto-cooler, we thought that we could make a grown-up version of that. We came up with this beautiful bright green sweet drink that's got a little kick to it, too!"
This drink is not the only special the Hilton Riverside is offering for the Ghostbusters premiere. The hotel is offering a "Ghostbusters Spectacular" package that includes:
- Two tickets for a local ghost tour
- Two tickets to the Ghostbusters movie
- Special collection of ghost stories at the concierge desk that guests can check out for a spooky night in
- Dining credit Drago’s seafood house
- Two complimentary Ecto Cooler green cocktails at Public Belt, a prohibition-style piano lounge with hand-crafted cocktails and live music
- “Marshmallow Man” themed dessert in-room amenity
- Ghostbusters themed Spotify playlist that guests can download
All for $170 a night.
But if you'd rather stay in, you can make the cocktail at home!
Ecto Cooler Cocktail:
- 1.5 oz Midori Melon Liquor
- .5 oz Malibu Coconut Rum
- .5 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- .5 oz Pineapple Juice
- .5 oz Orgeat Syrup
- A Dash of Bitters
Combine all ingredients (except bitters) with ice, strain into an Absinthe Glass, and top with bitters. Swirl to make a ghostly design. Enjoy!