Chicken Taco Salad
- 6 Chicken breasts or thighs , cooked according to instructions in rec
- 1 can Black beans
- 1 can Corn, whole kernel
- 2 cups Grape tomatoes
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 1 can Black olives
- 1 clove garlic cut finely
- 2 tbsp. Cut cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ red onion cut finely
- 1 jalapeno seeded and cut finely
- 1 bunch green onions using the white part cut finely
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, sharp
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper, or to taste
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup FIRST COLD PRESSED olive oil
Place chicken thighs on work surface. Trim excess fat from thighs. In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix completely. Sprinkle ½ of the mixture over top side of the thighs. Turn thighs over and sprinkle remainder of mixture over the bottom side of the thighs. Pour soy sauce over thighs on both sides then repeat process with olive oil.
Cook on medium high heat 15 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
To make salad dressing, in a small bowl combine olive oil, yogurt salt and pepper, lime juice and garlic, whisk until thickened.
Assemble salad with all other ingredients except salad dressing and chicken.
Shred chicken and add chicken and salad dressing to salad bowl.