Kaare Johnson's News with a View for 3/28/15:
I wonder what it's like to live in Des Moines, Iowa?
The first thing that comes to mind being a native New Orleanian: boring--but, also, almost never a violent crime and almost no murder. Kind of the diametric opposite of New Orleans.
An example of some New Orleans headlines from over the weekend:
- Drug dealer, shot in the head and killed
- Two arrested in Central City double shooting
- Man shot in the face in Algiers
- Man shot in New Orleans East
- Man shot in 9th Ward
- Woman killed in Gentilly hit and run, driver arrested
- Man found in 9th Ward garbage can likely died of drug overdose
- Man hit by gunfire while riding dirt bike
- I-10 shooting leaves one dead, one wounded
- Man shot, killed in Hollygrove
We also have great food, bars, and music clubs. New Orleans, if you don't get shot or killed, you'll probably have a good time--unlike Des Moines.