Creamy Stone Ground Rosemary Cheese Grits
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup stone ground grits, white or yellow
- Large pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Cream Cheese
- 4 Tbl. Unsalted Butter
- Large pinch Sea Salt
- Large sprig fresh rosemary
- Add water, milk and rosemary sprig to a 4 quart sauce pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Turn off heat and allow the Rosemary to steep in the milk for 10 minutes. Remove rosemary sprig and bring back to a high simmer.
- Slowly add the grits, stirring constantly. Continue to stir / whisk until thickened, approx. 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add cheese, cream cheese and butter. Stir to until incorporated. Add a large pinch a black pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a buttered casserole, top with more cheese and bake for buffet style service.
- 2 pounds large shell on fresh Gulf Shrimp
- 1 stick unsalted butter, divided
- 6 - 8 large garlic toes, peeled, smashed and minced
- 1 sprig fresh Rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons Creole Seasoning (Prudhomme Seafood Magic)
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 1 each 12oz. bottle lager style beer
- 4 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once melted and lightly browned, add the shrimp. Cook for approx. 2 to 3 minutes, tossing to cook evenly on both sides. The shrimp should only be half cooked.
- Add the garlic, black pepper, rosemary sprig and creole seasoning. Cook for approx. 1 minute more.
- Add the beer and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid has reduced by approx. half of its original volume.
- Add the remaining butter and swirl the skillet while working with a spoon to incorporate the butter into the sauce.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread or cheese grits.
- 535 S. Clark Street
- New Orleans, Louisiana 70119
- Telephone: (504) 262-0412
For more information about Pigéon Catering, please visit their website.
Jefferson Chamber Annual Gala
The Jefferson Chamber will host its Annual Gala presented by Ochsner on Friday, March 11th, 2016 at the New Orleans Saints 100-yard indoor training facility (5800 Airline Drive, Metairie, LA 70003).
A VIP Tailgate Reception will kick-off the evening at 6:30pm. The doors will open to the Gala at 7:30pm and the celebration will continue through 11:00pm. The event is open to the public. You do not have to be a member to attend.
The Gala will feature live musical entertainment by the Brass-A-Holics, an open bar, heavy hors d'oeuvres by Pigéon Catering, and a silent auction. There will also be photo ops with the Lombardi Trophy. This event offers an opportunity to socialize with Jefferson Parish's top business leaders, community activists and elected officials.
Individual Ticket: $125
VIP Ticket: $200
Corporate Package (12 Individual Tickets): $1,000
VIP Corporate Package (6 VIP Tickets): $1,100
(No Refunds & 21 Years or Older to Enter Facility)
GOLD SPONSOR: $3,000
- Reserved table of (10) at Gala
- (2) tickets to VIP reception preceding Gala
- Sponsor name in Gala program, on Gala promotional pages on the Chamber's website, on sponsor's table tent at the event; and rotating on viewing screens throughout evening (Minimum 1000 impressions)Higher level sponsorships available. For information regarding sponsorship opportunities, please contact Katie Ivory at 504-835-3880.
For more information about the Jefferson Chamber Annual Gala, please visit their website.
For more information about the Jefferson Chamber, please visit their website.