Cookin’ With Nino: Shrimp Salad-Stuffed Creole Tomatoes
SHRIMP SALAD-STUFFED CREOLE TOMATOES
- 1 pound peeled cooked Louisiana shrimp 21-25 per pound;. tails removed, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana Fish Fry Cajun seasoning
- 4 large ripe creole tomatoes, cored
1. Combine shrimp and all of the above ingredients with the exception of the tomatoes in a medium bowl. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
2. Hollow out the inside of each tomato using a melon baller or small spoon. To serve, fill each tomato with a generous 1/2 cup of the shrimp salad.