NEW ORLEANS (WGNO)–Everyone loves crawfish. And everyone loves Nino! This morning the chef’s got his own take on the tasty little critters.
NEW ORLEANS CRAWFISH BREAD
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cups Rouse’s mayonnaise
- 3 ounces Provolone cheese
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces Cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 lb. peeled Louisiana crawfish tail meat (with fat)
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 2 loaves of Rouse’s French bread, cut in half
In a large cast iron skillet, sauté vegetables over medium-high heat until wilted. Add mayonnaise and cheese and stir until mixture is completely melted. Remove from heat and mix in crawfish meat. Spread mixture over each half of the French bread, and put back together to form a loaf. Baste top with butter and bake at 250 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and the bread is browned. Cut into slices and serve.