Cookin’ with Nino: Old-world Italian Beef Burgers
NEW ORLEANS (WGNO)–Chef Nino’s back with another delicious recipe! This morning he’s giving us his take on the classic burger, with an Italian twist.
OLD WORLD ITALIAN BEEF BURGERS
- 1 lb. Ground Round
- ½ lb. Rouse’s fresh Italian Sausage with casing removed
- ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, finely cut
- 1 tbsp. roasted garlic
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 slices Mozzarella cheese, cut thick
In a mixing bowl add all ingredients except the Mozzarella cheese and mix thoroughly. Best to let marinate overnight. Start forming 6 thin patties about ¼ thick each. By 6 inches round. Cut Mozzarella cheese to 5 inch rounds and place on 3 of the patties. Place the other 3 patties onto each cheese covered patties and mash the rounds around the edges as to form a sandwich round Bake on a greased cookie sheet on 350 for 30 minutes or internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.