NEW ORLEANS (WGNO)–Chef Nino’s back with another delicious recipe! This morning he’s giving us his take on the classic burger, with an Italian twist.
OLD WORLD ITALIAN BEEF BURGERS
- 1 lb. Ground Round
- ½ lb. Rouse’s fresh Italian Sausage with casing removed
- ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, finely cut
- 1 tbsp. roasted garlic
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 slices Mozzarella cheese, cut thick
In a mixing bowl add all ingredients except the Mozzarella cheese and mix thoroughly. Best to let marinate overnight. Start forming 6 thin patties about ¼ thick each. By 6 inches round. Cut Mozzarella cheese to 5 inch rounds and place on 3 of the patties. Place the other 3 patties onto each cheese covered patties and mash the rounds around the edges as to form a sandwich round Bake on a greased cookie sheet on 350 for 30 minutes or internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.