Erin Nicole talks to Betty Landreaux and Erin Kolb about a free informational series on six different elder care topics being offered throughout the year.
Beginning on Thursday, March 13 from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at Poydras Home (5354 Magazine Street), representatives of both Home Care Solutions and Poydras Home will start the series by presenting an overview of all of the different elder care choices that exist in the Greater New Orleans area. Light refreshments will be served and questions from the audience are welcomed.
The series continues on the following spring and fall dates:
2. Thursday, April 10, 2014 from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at 5354 Magazine Street in New Orleans
Topic: Elder Law Issues
Learn about advance directives, powers of attorney, living wills and Louisiana Physician Orders for Scope of Treatment (LaPOST) in an informative discussion led by John Cook of Cook Firm L.L.C.
3. Thursday, May 8, 2014 from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at 5354 Magazine Street in New Orleans
Topic: Intergenerational Activities For The Elderly and Families
Explore Montessori-style dementia activities that families can engage in together led by the Life Enrichment Department staff of Poydras Home.
4. Thursday, September 11, 2014 from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at 5354 Magazine Street in New Orleans
Topic: What Is Long-Term Care Insurance And When Do I Need To Buy It?
Become familiar with long-term care insurance products as explained by Danica Ansardi, CLU, ChFC, MBA of Ansardi Financial Services, L.L.C.
5. Thursday, October 9, 2014 from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at 5354 Magazine Street in New Orleans
Topic: Navigating the Health Insurance Maze (Including sign-up info. for Medicare Part D)
A representative of the Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) at Jefferson Council on Aging will lead attendees through the maze of Medicare in this informative session.
6. Thursday, November 13, 2014 from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at 5354 Magazine Street in New Orleans
Topic: Symptoms And Strategies For Families Living With Alzheimer’s Disease Recognize the symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease and learn strategies for affected families from a panel of clinical experts.