Weeks of parades and party after party can leave us feeling exhausted, not to mention carrying unwanted poundage. But with a bit of planning and a few key swap-outs, we can easily shave thousands of calories every day of Carnival season!
Instead of a 1,000+ calorie frozen daiquiri, shave 800-plus calories with:
- Cordina Light daiquiris – 100 calories per 10-ounce go-pouch
- Skinnygirl Skinnymini Margaritas (168 calories and <8 grams of carbs per
- Beer like 128-calorie Abita Light Beer
Instead of fried chicken as-is, shave 200-plus calories per piece:
- Simply by removing the skin.
- Take off the skin and breading and you’ve got chicken that’s as lean as grilled skinless chicken.
- The savings: up to 300 calories, 15 grams of carbs, and 400 mg of sodium for a single chicken breast.
Instead of street vendor sausage dog, shave 400-plus calories by making your own:
- Making the switch to chicken sausage
- Using light wheat hot dog buns
- Piling on the grilled veggies