NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) – Tuesday mornings mean it’s time for Cookin’ with Nino, and what with crawfish season upon us, what better time to try out a new recipe?
CRAWFISH EL NIÑO
- 1 lb. peeled cleaned Louisiana crawfish
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and minced
- 1 stick butter (or Brummel and Brown)
- 2 12 ounce cans coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bullion Chicken Flavor
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite Cajun seasoning
- 4 tablespoons fresh cut cilantro
- 1 lime juice
- 1 pound cooked pasta or rice
In a medium saute pan, place cut onions, garlic, jalapeno pepper, poblano pepper, red bell pepper with butter, and simmer for about 5 minutes on high until wilted. Add coconut milk, cilantro and lime juice. Add 1 tablespoon Better Than Bullion. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Add crawfish and cook for additional 10 minutes stirring occasionally as not to scorch. Sprinkle with favorite Cajun seasoning. Serve over rice or pasta.