Get the Skinny: Satisfy King Cake Cravings for a Fraction of the Calories!
Even a small-ish slice of king cake has more than 300 sugary calories, many of us have trouble keeping those slices ‘moderate’. So if king cake is one of your weaknesses during Carnival season, we’ve got 4 ways to help satisfy your cravings for a fraction of the calories, all from locally-owned New Orleans companies!
- Gluten free, vegan, no sugar added
- Sweetened with Swerve Sugar Replacer
- Made with brown rice flour, arrowroot flour, coconut yogurt, Swerve…
- Can request natural food colorings
- $30 per 10-inch king cake; call ahead to order
- Per macaron: 65 cals, 13 grams carbs, 5.5 grams sugar
- Per cup: 8 cals, 0 carbs, 0 sugar
- Available iced or hot in-store, or brew at home
- Per 1.5 ounces: 100 cals, 0 carbs, 0 sugar
- Mix with no-sugar mixer like water or club soda to keep serving size in check
- Let’s be clear, we’re not saying it’s ‘good’ for you, but it does have just 100 calories per serving. And keep in mind that ‘moderate’ intake is not more than one drink a day for women; two for men