Valentine’s Day is Friday, which of course means chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! But as long as it’s dark chocolate, it’s good for you, right? Not necessarily – in today’s Love it, Like it, Hate it, we’re Getting the Skinny with Molly on which types of dark chocolate are packed with nutrients, and which ones are just dark chocolate in disguise!
- 70% cocoa, organic, vegan, created by Registered Dietitian Nichole Dandrea
- Ingredients: 70% organic chocolate, organic coconut milk, organic agave nectar…
- Nutrition info per truffle: 45 cals, 2.5 grams carbs, 1.5 gram fiber, 1 gram sugar
- Special offer for viewers: Enter ‘NOLA’ at checkout for 10% off, plus FREE 4-piece box of truffles!
- 64% cocoa, local NOLA-owned company
- Ingredients: 64% dark chocolate, heavy cream, butter
- 73% cocoa, local NOLA-owned company
- Nutrition info per serving (1/3 bar; 33 grams): 180 cals, 15 grams carbs, 4 grams fiber, 9 grams sugar
- Ingredients: chocolate liquor, sugar, soya lecithin
- 77% cocoa
- Nutrition info per serving (1/3 bar; 30 grams): 170 cals, 11 grams carbs, 3 grams fiber, 6 grams sugar
- Ingredients:cocoa liquor, sugar, cocoa butter…
- 55% cocoa, Stevia sweetened – no added sugar.
- Nutrition info per serving (1/2 bar; 40 grams): 170 cals, 22 grams carbs, 13 grams fiber, <1 gram sugar
- Ingredients include: unsweetened chocolate, inulin, erythritol, stevia…
- 60% cocoa
- Nutrition info per piece: 41 cals, 4.5 grams carbs, 0.5 grams fiber, 3.5 grams sugar,
- Ingredients: sugar, cocoa butter, milkfat, soy
- 40 % cocoa
- Nutrition information, per one-bag serving: 240 cals, 33 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 27 grams sugar
Ingredients: semisweet chocolate, sugar, cornstarch