NEW ORLEANS (WGNO)–Tuesday mornings mean one thing: Chef Nino’s here with a new recipe.
Here’s his recipe for Middle Eastern Salmon Cakes.
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 2/3 cup orange juice or pineapple juice
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can red salmon, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach – thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons first cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a small stainless steel or glass bowl, stir together mayonnaise, garlic, and paprika. Set aside.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions using the 2/3 cup of orange juice in place of water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked couscous, red salmon, drained spinach, egg yolks, garlic, cumin,cilantro, black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt. Form into patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and fry patties until golden brown turning once, about 8 to 10 minutes. Top with sesame seeds.