Friday Night Football Scoreboard
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

Old Fireplace Blamed For North Shore House Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Firefighters in Mandeville say an old fireplace may have contributed to a house fire late Tuesday morning on Jefferson Street.

Investigators say the woman who was renting the house was using its old fireplace to stay warm but stepped out just before the blaze began.

Nobody got hurt.  The house is a total loss.