Robin Reynolds & Chef Greg Sonnier from Kingfish
From the Grocer
1 cup chopped celery
2 cups diced onions
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup lobster meat
3 cups diced butternut squash (or any other winter squash)
5 cups seafood stock
2 cups heavy cream
From TSTE (The Spice & Tea Exchange)
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 tablespoon TSTE Seafood Blackening Seasoning
1. Sauté onions and celery in butter over medium heat until vegetables are soft.
2. Add lobster, TSTE Seafood Blackening Seasoning, and garlic and cook hard allowing lobster to stick then scraping the bottom of the pot (about 15 minutes).
3. Add bay leaf and squash; cook until squash is very soft (about 30 minutes).
4. Add stock and cook for 20 minutes more.
5. Process soup until smooth (in a food processor or blender); return to pot and add cream, then simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Adjust seasoning and serve hot. Serves 6 – 8.