5080 Pontchartrain Blvd. (at the corner of I-10 and Metairie Road)
New Orleans, LA 70118 *
*NOTE: Valet parking is available, as well as self-parking on premise.
Saturday, December 7, 2013
5 PM – 11 PM
9 oz. Dried Ancho Chiles-weight after stemming & seeding
2 quart Hot Water
6 TBl Granulated Sugar
4 cups Cold Water
1 TBL Orange Juice Concentrate
- Toast whole ancho chiles on the grill (medium heat) just until the skin begins to blister and the chiles slightly inflate.
- Remove the stems and seeds then soak in hot water for 30 mins.
- Drain chiles then place in the blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend until fully pureed.
- Store chilled or frozen until ready for use.
Toasted Garlic Cipotle
1/2# Raw Garlic – minced
2 cups Olive Oil
1 can (7oz) Chipotle en Adobo – San Marcos Brand- pureed
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1/4 cup Lime Juice
- Place the garlic and oil in a skillet over medium high flame. Stir occasionally while cooking until the garlic turns golden brown.
- Add the chipotle en adobo, salt and lime juice.
- Continue cooking over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Drain off excess oil.
- Store refrigerated until needed for use.
Camaron Nuevo Barbacoa
Amount: Ingredients (Prep or Raw Ingredient):
4 Tbl Salted Butter
2 tsp Serrano Peppers – finely sliced
2 TBL Roasted Garlic Chipotle – see recipe
10 ea. 10/15 ct Shrimp – head on, tail on
¼ cup Ancho Adobo – see recipe
½ cup Pineapple – 1/4” dice
1 TBL Cilantro
- Melt Butter in a 10” sauté skillet.
- Add serranos and Roasted Garlic Chipotle then lay shrimp evenly in the skillet. Allow the shrimp to cook until the tails curl and the shells become pink. The shrimp should be cooked about ½ way.
- Flip shrimp and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Ancho Adobo and water. Gently swirl the skillet to disperse the adobo and coat the shrimp.
- Do not reduce down the sauce.
- Spread pineapple pieces along the center of the long plate.
- Arrange the shrimp alternating the head direction on top of the pineapple.
- Pour the sauce directly down the center of the shrimp.
- Garnish with the cilantro leaves.