Comte Cheese and Spinach Ravioli w/ Noilly Prat Sauce
Chef Eric Damidot, Hyatt Regency New Orleans
- 1 Lb. Imported Raviol de Royan (France) or similar mini fresh cheese ravioli
- ½ Lb. Artisan fresh Smoked Andouille sausage
- ½ Lb. Rapini
- 1 peeled red onion
- ½ Lb. Baby Breakfast radishes
- ½ Lb. Yellow Dandelion (Spinach if not available)
- 1 cup Shallot
- Fresh thyme
- Black Peppercorns
- Fresh garlic
- Heavy whipping cream
- Salt/white pepper
- Noilly Prat wine (or a dry white wine)
- Have a large pot of boiling water with salt and olive oil for the ravioli.
- Noilly Prat Sauce: take a small sauce pot and start to sauté the shallot with little oil and try not to have any coloration on the shallot. Add a few whole black peppercorns, fresh thyme, garlic and sauté slightly. Now add the Noilly Part (or white wine). Reduce the liquid by half then add the cream. Reduce by 1/3 and butter in small amounts (also known as “Monte”). Adjust the seasoning and go through the chinois (streamer), keep warm.
- Take a large sauté pan and heat it up with some olive oil. Julienne red onion and begin to sauté. Add the washed rapini and a lastly the fresh washed breakfast radishes. Try to keep all the ingredients without coloration.
Preferably a deep pasta bowl. Take some of the vegetable and place them in the bottom of the plate. Poach the ravioli in hot boiling water for 1 min and then strain. Add the ravioli to rest of the vegetable in the sauté pan. Place them on the plate and garnish the ravioli with some nice hand pick vegetables. Add the Noilly Prat sauce atop the ravioli and garnish with the yellow dandelion.