WGNO-TV Is Hiring For A Nightside Graphics Artist. Are you a gifted artist who wants to be part of a city unlike anything else in the country? The Tribune Broadcasting TV station in New Orleans is looking for a night side Graphic Designer (1:30-10:30P) with cutting edge skills in graphic design. The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing, designing and producing high quality news graphics for WGNO-TV’s newscasts (News With A Twist, News At 10PM) as well as providing graphic support to Sales and Promotions departments.
- To not take life so seriously. It’s a Nawlins thing!
- To produce high quality graphics that successfully communicate the message desired by the News and/or Creative Services Departments.
- To develop concepts, ideas and execute final artwork and animation for news, promotion and programming.
- To have user/playback knowledge of all crucial systems used in the graphics area including Macs, and programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Cinema 4D and knowledge of tickers.
- To maintain quality control checks, including but not limited to, spelling, organization of information, clear and easy to understand presentation of the graphics.
- Must communicate well, and develop a good working relationship with afternoon and night side news producers and reporters in order to assess their needs and deliver what is expected.
- Help develop the design and coordination of pre-production and/or animation; make suggestions, provide sources and digital files, consult with director (if needed) before production, and ensure that the finished work is delivered to the final destination.
- To communicate with the creative team, and all station employees in a professional and positive manner.
- To exhibit a positive attitude towards work and company policies, and at all times, encourages a positive and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to find and consume the best food on this planet.
- Minimum 2 years Creative Services experience in a design environment, boutique, post-production house.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator. VizRT and Final Cut Pro experience preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with Mac OS and Windows.
- All aspects of promo production, including motion graphics, animation and non-linear editing.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio to Jeff Funk, email@example.com, #1 Galleria Blvd., Ste. 850, Metairie, LA 70001, fax (504)569-0952. EOE.