“Fight for Air” Walk in Audubon Park/Christine O’Brien/American Lung Association
Anne Cutler talks to Christine O’Brien about the ALA’s mission to improve overall lung health in the community and its upcoming walk/fundraiser in Audubon Park.
For more information , just log on to: http://www.lung.org/pledge-events/la/new-orleans-walk-fy14/
1. American Lung Association HelpLine and Tobacco QuitLine
- Free information from registered nurses, respiratory therapists and tobacco cessation specialists Lung Cancer, Asthma, Allergies, COPD, Quitting Smoking, Environmental Health, Pulmonary diseases and much more
- 1-800-LUNGUSA select option 2
2. Freedom from Smoking
- American Lung Association’s gold standard tobacco cessation program
3. Better Breathers Club (BBC)
- Better Breathers Clubs are welcoming supportgroups for people with COPD or other lung diseases,who often feel alone and isolated. COPD is short forchronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and includes Emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Together,members learn the skills that help manage their condition and improve their quality of life.
- East Jefferson Hospital and Delgado Community College/Respiratory Dept. hosts local BBC
- 4. Asthma Clinical Research Center (ACRC)
- The American Lung Association Asthma Clinical Research Centers (ACRC) Network is the nation’s largest not-for-profit network of clinical research centers dedicated to asthma treatment research, attracting some of the best asthma investigators worldwide. The ACRC Network conducts large clinical trials that will have a direct impact on patient care and asthma treatment.
- We are fortunate to have an ACRC locally here at LSU Health Sciences Center Pulmonary Medicine Section call 504-568-3450 for information on participation.