Friday Night Football Scoreboard
Missing 11-year-old from Avondale has been found

St. Bernard Parish releases water quality reports

Naegleria fowleri

Naegleria fowleri enters the body through the nose and travels to the brain. It’s usually found in people who have been swimming in warm freshwater. The amoeba causes a fatal brain infection, according to the CDC.

(CNN) — Tests of a Louisiana parish’s water supply confirmed the presence of a rare brain-eating amoeba blamed for last month’s death of a 4-year-old boy.

The state’s Department of Health & Hospitals said Thursday that tests conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found Naegleria fowleri in St. Bernard Parish water.

The water is safe to drink, state officials said, although they cautioned against getting water in the nose.

To read the water quality reports, click here: http://www.sbpg.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4157&Itemid=684