Chef Nino Cooks Up Champagne Shrimp
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
- 1 pound Rouses Wild Caught Louisiana Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon first cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ lb. Of your favorite pasta cooked
- 1 1/2 cups champagne (does not need to be expensive)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ red onion chopped finely
- ½ pack cherry or grape tomatoes, diced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan add onions and mushrooms and cook in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove onions and mushrooms from pan, and set aside.
- Combine shrimp, champagne, and salt in the frying pan, and cook over high heat. When liquid just begins to boil, remove shrimp from pan. Add tomatoes to champagne; boil until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup cream; boil until slightly thick, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp and mushrooms to sauce bring to boil and spoon over cooked pasta. Top with parsley and then Parmesan Cheese.