24-Year Old Accused In 60-Year Old Beating

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

mosley   Witnesses of a senseless attack of an elderly man in Houma are applauding swift justice.

Police have arrested the 24-year old accused of brutally beating a 60-year old man for no apparent reason.

WGNO News Reporter Darian Trotter has details and reaction from neighbors.

“I just saw the man lying on the ground in a big’ol puddle of blood,” neighbor Dennis Maxwell said.

He’s talking about the 60-year old man; neighbors saw tumbling down a flight of stairs, landing face down on the ground.

It was a dramatic end to an unprovoked beating, police say at the hands of 24-year old Jerod Mosley.

The beating had long ended, when neighbors became concerned about the senior victim; because he showed no signs of life.

“Aw man, it was devastating man,” Maxwell recounted. “I didn’t know if he was still living or what because he was just laying flat on the ground, with his head busted open.”

“He was bleeding profusely from the head, sustained severe injury and was transported to a local hospital,” said Houma Police Sergeant Kyle Faulk.

Sergeant Kyle Faulk says it’s unclear what set Mosley off.

The attack happened in the 900 block of East Street in Houma; where the victim was working to make repairs on an air conditioner.

“All I know is when I came back, I seen him all busted up,” Maxwell said.

Dennis Maxwell says the suspect known around town as “dirty red” allegedly demonstrated a huge lack of respect toward elders.

“I mean, just between the ages you know, a youngster jumping on a person that type it just ain’t right you know,” Maxwell explained.

“Thank God he was able to provide our agency with an alias and our investigative service division worked tirelessly, and ten days later were able to make an apprehension,” Sgt. Faulk said.

Mosley was booked with second degree battery.

He remained in the Terrebonne Parish Jail late Wednesday night.