We all know that breakfast is key to a healthy diet, but not everyone has the time – or makes the time – for a full, sit-down breakfast at home. Fortunately, today’s fast food and drive-thru options offer us a wide range of fairly nutritious breakfasts, and today we’re getting the skinny on Molly’s top picks for fast food & drive-thru breakfasts!
Subway’s Sunrise Subway Melt
- Turkey, bacon, ham, egg white & cheese on a light wheat English muffin
- Can add any Subway veggies of choice
- 210 cals, 2 grams saturated fat, 820 mg sodium, 26 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams fiber, 18 grams protein.
Starbucks Turkey Bacon and White Cheddar Classic Breakfast Sandwich
- Turkey bacon, cage-free egg white, & white Cheddar cheese on multigrain English muffin
- 320 cals, 2 grams saturated fat, 700 mg sodium, 43 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 18 grams protein.
Starbucks Spinach & Feta Breakfast Wrap
- Cage-free egg white, spinach, feta cheese and tomatoes in a (partially whole wheat) wrap.
- 290 cals, 3.5 grams sat fat, 830 mg sodium, 33 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams fiber, 19 grams protein.
Burger King’s Quaker Oatmeal Original.
- 140 cals, 1 gram sat fat, 100 mg sodium, 23 grams carbs, 3 grams fiber, 1 gram sugar, 5 grams protein.
- Fruity Smoothie:
Gladiator Smoothie, 20-ounce, blended with half a banana.
240 cals, 0 sat fat, 150 mg sodium, 16 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 8 grams sugar, 45 grams protein.
Blended Coffee-style drink:
Smoothie King Mocha Coffee Smoothie, 20-ounce (ordered ‘Skinny,)
160 cals, 0 saturated fat, 226 mg sodium, 20 grams carbohydrate, 13 grams sugar, 17 grams protein.
Smoothie King High Protein Almond Mocha, 20-ounce (ordered ‘Skinny’)
266 cals, 1 gram sat fat, 195 mg sodium, 19 grams carbohydrate, 14 grams sugar, 30 grams 7protein