- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries, chopped (or whole golden raisins or currants)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (can substitute slivered almonds, or walnuts)
- 1 pound fresh kale (also called Tuscan Kale), about 2-3 bunches, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Heat a small skilled on medium high heat. Spread the pine nuts in an even layer on the bottom of the pan, cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, then cool.
2 Use a sharp knife to cut out the tough rib of each kale leaf, and discard. Slice the leaves crosswise into thin, 1/4 inch wide, slices.Place the kale slices into a large bowl.
3 In a smaller bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, rice vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Toss the kale together with the toasted pine nuts, the dried cranberries, and the dressing, stir in the grated Parmesan cheese.