News

New Orleans East baker gets sweet Super Bowl deal

NEW ORLEANS (New Orleans East) – A local business owner has been selected to bake thousands of cupcakes for an NFL special event.

It’s an order Scott Hunter won’t soon forget. He was delighted when he got the call to bake more than 2,000 cupcakes for the official NFL tailgate party.

Hunter opened Sweets & Eats Bakery one year ago on Bullard Avenue in New Orleans East, and specializes in cupcakes, pralines, traditional cakes, and other pastries.

“I mean this is not only a national event, but it’s a worldwide event; and our cupcakes will be part of the celebration and we’re so honored that the NFL chose us to be part of it,” Scott Hunter said.

imageSweets and Eats currently has 30 flavors.

After a careful consideration three signature flavors were chosen — including Mardi Gras wedding cake, sweet praline, and bananas foster.

Hunter says it’s an opportunity of a lifetime to help boost business.

7 Comments to “New Orleans East baker gets sweet Super Bowl deal”

Estelle said:
    January 30, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I am so proud of you Scotty!

Stell

Angela Wms. Thomas said:
    January 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Very proud of you, lil cuz!!!

Ann Savwoir said:
    January 30, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!! I've only visited your bakery once… but I am very happy for you!!!!

Denise504 said:
    January 31, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Hopefully soon you will open a business on the Westbank…Gee I can taste those cupcakes (muffins) l now… Good luck..

Anonymous said:
    January 31, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Breaking news…. Bakery MAKES CUPCAKES…… yup that fascinated my day

Gina said:
    February 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I don't eat sweets but those cupcakes look soooo good, I just might have to make my way to your bakery. I dont know you but I still say" Congratulations! " on this great opportunity:-)

Ps. If you see Marques Colston, tell him his Cougar wife said, "hello"! Lol

Nereida said:
    July 5, 2014 at 7:17 PM

For the reason that the admin of this site is working, no
    question very shortly it will be well-known, due to its feture contents.