Gambas al Ajillo
15 ea Shrimp, 71-90 (any size can be used, we prefer these cause they are a bit sweeter)
4 ea Garlic cloves, sliced very thin
1/4 t Chili flake
½ c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ea Lemon
tt Salt and Pepper
Baguette for dipping
- Warm the Olive oil over medium heat until it begins to shimmer, season the shrimp and gently place them in the oil.
- Add the Garlic and Chili flake as well as a squeeze of lemon juice being sure to not drop any seeds.
- Let simmer for roughly 3 min (longer if you use larger shrimp)
- Carefully transfer to an oven safe crock and roast for 2 min at 450
- While Gambas is in the oven, drizzle Baguette with Olive oil and grill quickly
(note: if you have cast iron cookware the whole recipe can be done on stovetop)