Food for Thought

What’s the most valuable item you have ever lost?

captureWe’re all running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to finish Christmas  shopping and next thing you know you’ve left your Visa card on some store counter and you’ve got no idea where your keys are!

Here are some helpful tips:

First:  beware of Saturdays at 6 p.m.!   A new survey found that more items are lost at 6 Saturday evenings in December than at any other time of the year!

The most commonly lost items are: smartphones, jewelry, sunglasses, keys and credit cards, in that order.

The good news is about 55% of lost items are returned by a stranger, but only 12% are re-discovered by their owners.

Our Food for Thought question: What’s the most valuable item you have ever lost?

6 Comments to “What’s the most valuable item you have ever lost?”

breed brown said:
    December 10, 2012 at 5:22 PM

The most valuable item that I have lost was my Lenovo Ideapad that I left in a shopping cart at Wal-mart. An expensive reminder that you should leave electronics at home where they belong.

Breea brown said:
    December 10, 2012 at 5:27 PM

The most valuable thing that I have lost was my Lenovo Ideapad, that I left in a shopping cart at Wal-mart. An expensive reminder that I should leave electronics at home where they belong.

liz said:
    December 10, 2012 at 6:27 PM

The most valuable thing I lost was my son’s laptop. We were in a hurry and had forgotten that we brought it with us. Fortunately, it was found by an employee and returned to us the next day. Now, I warn my kids to be accountable for their things or just leave it at home.

charles818 said:
    December 11, 2012 at 12:29 AM

The most valuable thing i have lost was my van. stolen right out from in front my home. Cost me a lot of money to have it fixed when it was found.

Lori Broussard said:
    December 11, 2012 at 2:08 PM

The most valuable thing that I ever lost was of sentimental value. It was my high school class ring that was stolen from my home while my son & I were at prayer & bible study. It was the only thing that I had that was exactly the same as my twin sister's whom we lost to Lupus a couple of years prior to that.

Kelly Brandon said:
    December 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I lost my keys in a case of 20 oz cokes from the school fundraiser that went to Baton Rouge to someone that my daughter sold the cokes too.