Food for Thought

Food for Thought Question: Do you prefer to shop online or in the store?

It’s Cyber Monday, but many people didn’t wait until today to start buying online. They’ve been doing it all weekend.

American shoppers have already spent more than a billion dollars in online shopping on black Friday. That’s up 26% compared to last year, and it’s a new record.

More than 57 million Americans checked out online retail sites on black Friday.

The most visited site was, you guessed it, Amazon.com, followed by Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, Target.com and Apple.com.

Our Food for Thought question: Do you prefer to shop online or in the store?

Answer in the comment section below and you could win a $100 gift card from Rouses!

6 Comments to “Food for Thought Question: Do you prefer to shop online or in the store?”

Lynn U said:
    November 26, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I prefer to shop in stores. I like to physically see the item before purchasing it (Whether at the the store or online)

Trinity steffensen said:
    November 26, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Neither …. The only shopping I like to do is grocery shopping… I make all my gifts…

Betty Lavalle said:
    November 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Most of the time I prefer to shop on line and avoid the long lines and finding a parking spot.

Denis Lee Journey said:
    November 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Hum, I'd say online because we don't have a car and it's easier that way! Also I like to read the customers' comments, it's usually very helpful !

Tami Monier said:
    November 27, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I prefer to shop in the store because you can see the item before you buy it. Many times the things online look different when you actually receive it .

Madelyn Sarola said:
    November 29, 2012 at 2:57 AM

I like to shop online for things that I know can drastically vary in price from store to store… To ensure that I get the best deal. But for everything else I would idealy like to see the product in-store before I make a purchase.